Monday, September 03, 2007

At the US OPEN!!!!!!

So after shooting Sam's gorgeous wedding in New Jersey, we headed over to the US OPEN in Flushing Meadows, New York City! We got extremely lucky. We have been so busy that I forgot to get our tickets before we got here. Actually, I just kept procrastinating! It's so me. Anyway, our concierge put us in touch with a nice couple who didn't want to go that night(the woman was pregnant and had been on her feet all day). They were nice enough to let us have their tickets which also let us get in a bit earlier than everyone else becuase of a club pass.

Here we are outside the Lexs booth, thanks to Lexus for the pic, we didn't bring our camera, it's just too big!
These are some shots, courtesy of Olympus from that night. It was absolutely unreal being there. I told Dawn as we were coming over on the subway that I felt like I was going to my Mecca. Haha.
We got to see Justine Henin beat the crap out of Dinara Safina. All the way, JUSTINE!!!!
We also got to see Novak Djokovic beat del Potro, then we headed over to the Louis Armstrong stadium and watched the end of Jelena Jankovic's match. We like her, too. Then we went to the Grandstand and watched Robredo lose to Gulbis, an up and comer who has up and came. This kid had some game tonight.
This was all last night. Today we just got back from Rockefeller Centre where American Express is hosting Live At The Open. They play the US OPEN live on a giant movie theater screen. We sadly saw James Blake lose to Tommy Haas in 5 great sets.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're enjoying your time away from home. I'll keep holding down the fort.

Unknown said...

This is great! I'm so glad the two of you had fun. I'm quite jealous.

Javon said...

Yeah, we are having a wonderful time. However, we are happy to be coming home today, too. We love all the time that we spend on the road, but we miss our cat and our friends!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun though! You have been talking about going to one of those since I have known ya! (Can you believe it...4 years in May??)Anywho, you both look great, the pictures look great...everything looks fantastic!! (Hey, did you get my email? Not sure if you are still using that Yahoo account)