Thursday, December 20, 2007

If I had a dollar...

...for every time someone called us and said that we are getting married and our photographer has backed out, I would need no credit cards! The sad thing is, it can be prevented. Usually the conversation goes like this, "My photographer backed out and my wedding is in a month", "Geez, who was your photographer?", "A friend of my family who had wanted to shoot the wedding."

Listen, don't be cheap with your pictures, these are your memories, your moments that you are putting in the hands of a person. Make sure they are reputable. You wouldn't want a friend of the family who just happens to own a scalpel to operate on you. Just because someone owns a camera doesn't make them a photographer!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...nor does wearing a perfect wedding dress make one a perfect bride.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad we went with you. We really are. You made our hectic day turn into something wonderful. We had so much with you at the wedding and even after. You two are the best people we know and I hope that we are friends until we die. Miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!! On a side note....let a professional handle everything. They know what they are doing. Family members don't always know what they are doing even when they say they do.

Anonymous said...

Well said! WOO WHOO!

Unknown said...

i cant wait to get married just so i can have you take my pictures!! i love everyone one of these. They are all simply amazing.