Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Happy Birthday little man!!

It's so hard for me to believe that a year ago Dawn and I were in the hospital still in shock over what happened to us. It has gone by so fast and furious that I feel sick to my stomach. All the things that we have gotten to share with him is a lifetime of experiences for most people and we have done it in a year. From flying to New York when he was only 6 weeks old, to his first time at a beach in Spain, first time at Disneyland in Paris, first time walking at a Chateau in the Loire Valley, a ride in an Amish buggy with our Amish friends and walking on the beaches of Normandy to the beaches of Florida what will we do next year?

I feel bad that he hasn't gotten to spend more time at home, but I have been very thankful that I get to spend the time with him that I do. Most Dad's have to go to work everyday and leave their child behind, I get to spend so much more time with him than that. I am so lucky to have him and Dawn, I love them so much.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwww! Happy Birtday, Cade! You've been through so much in just 1 yr that most people don't even get to experience in a lifetime! Here's to hoping you have just as an exciting 2nd year! Thanks again for dancing with me at my reception!

Javon/Dawn - LOVE LOVE LOVE your homepage!!! Can't wait to see more pics when they are ready!!!

The Chois said...

this is such a great picture! what a special moment :)